May 26–29, 2017
About Copa Comunidad
Copa Comunidad is a celebration of fútbol and community among the Left Wing family of teams. We welcome people of all genders, all skill levels, and all abilities — especially folks who are traditionally not represented on the soccer pitch.
Ours is a passing game, one where we strive to make sure everyone gets a touch on the ball, where we seek to help build each other’s skills, and where the score is always 2–2.
All comers are welcome at Copa Comunidad, regardless of their ability to pay or register or whether they have ever played a Left Wing game.
Friday, May 26
- 7pm–12 midnight, Welcome Dinner, Jessica V’s house (Mid City/Baldwin Hills)
Saturday, May 27
- 9:30am–6pm, Plática followed by FÚTBOL!, Wilson HS (El Sereno)
- 9pm–???, PARTAYYY!, Xochil’s Family’s Home (Pasadena)
Sunday, May 28
- 1–5pm, Taking It to the Streets! Educational Workshop, multiple locations (In and around Downtown LA)
- 6–10pm, FÚTBOL! feat. Women’s, Trans, Gender Nonconforming Game (Griffith Park)
- 10pm–12 midnight, After-Footy After Party (Location TBA)
Monday, May 29
- 10am–1pm, Farewell Brunch on Venice Canals, Erin’s House (Venice)
Fees & Payment
The fee for Copa Comunidad LA 2017 is on a sliding scale of $40–$60. Merch (tank tops and soccer scarves) are not included in the reg fee; they will be an additional cost of $15 each.
Please send your fee via Venmo to @LA-Futbolistas (Xochil Karina) or PayPal as “Send money to friends or family” to firstname.lastname@example.org. Contact us at email@example.com if you have questions.
Lend a Hand
Copa Comunidad would not be possible without the tireless work of volunteers. Some of the things we need help with include:
- FOODbolistas (food prep and cooking)
- Set-up and Clean-up
- Facilitation and drills (on the field)
- First aid and CPR
- Child care
Please consider lending a hand when you arrive in Los Angeles!
Got a burning question? Want to send us virtual love?
Copa Comunidad V (Los Angeles, 2013)